Part of a web series of bread baking and talk about the craft of journalism, this time with Rosemary.
Rosemary Bread Recipe
What you need:
1 Tbsp sugar
1c warm water
1 package active dry yeast (.25 oz)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp butter (softened)
2 Tbsp rosemary
- Mix sugar, yeast, and warm water in a bowl. Begin to stir, waiting for bubbling to show the yeast have gone to work. When bubbly, add salt, butter, 1 Tbsp rosemary, and 2c flour. Stir and add in flour as necessary.
- When you have a workable dough, knead 10 minutes.
- Coat a second bowl with olive oil, and let your dough rest in a warm spot until risen. It could take a bit…
- Punch down dough, split, and shape it into two loaves. Set them on a greased/oiled pan. Sprinkle rosemary on the loaves to taste. Optionally, sprinkle a little sea salt. Let rise!
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. Mix egg and water in a bowl, and use a brush to generously coat your loaves with the egg wash.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until brown.