I’ve been a journalist for about 15 years, working in the US, Germany, and Switzerland, with stops in Oslo, Cairo, Prague, and more. But after I graduated from college with a journalism degree, I didn’t know exactly which direction I would head. I got a big break filling in for a reporter in Olympia, WA, and afterwards had a chance to be freelancer. But in between reporting gigs I needed something to pay for food, and gas…so I became a baker. Here’s a short story of me being a bread baker’s assistant:
I hope you like it, and please subscribe on YouTube, and to my e-mail list.
***This is another video in a series of vlogs meant to help me work on video editing, and my amateur bread baking. It’s not perfect, but I hope I show some improvement over time. Thanks for being with me as I try to improve myself, and hopefully add some interesting content to the world***
Pumpkin Spice Bread
What you need:
Flour 1.5 c
Brown sugar 3/4 c
Granulated sugar 1 c
Cinnamon 2 tsp
Ginger 1 tsp
Nutmeg 1 tsp
Cloves 1 tsp
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Baking powder 3/4 tsp
Butter (softened) 1/2 c
1) Mix all dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Optionally, you can add the granulated sugar to the moist ingredients instead.
2) Mix butter, eggs, (optionally the granulated sugar), and the pumpkin in a larger bowl.
3) Preheat your oven to 350F.
4) Once you have a smooth mixture, add in half your dry ingredients. Mix. Then add the other half.
5) Pour batter into a large bread pan, or a square cake pan (9×9 for example). Bake for 40-50 minutes, until you can cleanly pull a toothpick out of its center.
6) Let cool, and enjoy!