Part of a web series of bread baking and talk about the craft of journalism, this time with Honey Spelt.
Honey Spelt Bread Recipe
What you need:
Spelt Flour 7-8c
Warm Water 2c
Active dry yeast 2.5 packets (.60 oz)
Salt 1/2 Tbsp
Rough-cut Sunflower seeds 1/4-1/2c
1) Mix honey, yeast, and warm water in a bowl. Begin to stir, waiting for bubbling to show the yeast have gone to work. When bubbly, add salt, butter, and 3c flour. Stir and add in flour as necessary.
2) When you have a workable dough, knead 10 minutes. Work in your sunflower seeds as you knead.
3) Grease a second bowl, and let your dough rest in a warm spot until risen. It could take a bit, an hour or so.
4) Punch down dough, split, and shape it into two loaves. Lightly dust a Banneton with rice flour (or similar) for the loaf/loaves to rise for another 20-30 minutes or so before transferring to a greased pan. Alternatively, set the loaf/loaves on a greased/oiled pan to rise, or let rise in bread pans. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
5) Bake 40-50 minutes until brown.