Part of a web series of bread baking and talk about the craft of journalism, this time with Honey Spelt.
Honey Spelt Bread Recipe
What you need:
Spelt Flour 7-8c
Warm Water 2c
Active dry yeast 2.5 packets (.60 oz)
Salt 1/2 Tbsp
Rough-cut Sunflower seeds 1/4-1/2c
1) Mix honey, yeast, and warm water in a bowl. Begin to stir, waiting for bubbling to show the yeast have gone to work. When bubbly, add salt, butter, and 3c flour. Stir and add in flour as necessary.
2) When you have a workable dough, knead 10 minutes. Work in your sunflower seeds as you knead.
3) Grease a second bowl, and let your dough rest in a warm spot until risen. It could take a bit…
4) Punch down dough, split, and shape it into two loaves. Set them on a greased/oiled pan. Let rise!
5) Pre-heat oven to 350F. Use a brush to generously coat your loaves with the vegetable oil.
6) Bake 40-50 minutes until brown.