I’m literally just baking a loaf of bread and talking about something journalism-related. In this episode: Irish Gingerbread, a quick bread.
I tell a quick story about stumbling into a G8 protest in Dublin after college, and getting my first taste of being a real journalist.
Irish Gingerbread Recipe
What you need:
Baking Soda: 1.5 tsp
Ground ginger: 2 tsp
Cinnamon: 2 tsp
Salt: 2/3 tsp
Butter (softened): 1/2 c
Hot water: 1c
1) Add all dry ingredients–except oatmeal–in a small bowl. Put sugar and butter in a larger bowl, and begin to whip them into a smooth mix.
2) Mix in eggs, and molasses. Try to make the mix as smooth as possible without chunks of butter or sugar.
3) Mix in half of the dry ingredients. Once well mixed, add the other half of the dry ingredients.
4) Mix in oats and warm water. Mix!
5) Pre-heat oven to 350F. Pour the mixture into a very well-greased bread pan. We used a 5×9 baking pan in the video, but a 9 inch square might work, too.
6) Bake 40-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the bread.
***This is another video in a series of vlogs meant to help me work on video editing, and my amateur bread baking. It’s not perfect, but I hope I show some improvement over time. Thanks for being with me as I try to improve myself, and hopefully add some interesting content to the world***